-->

Monday, August 26, 2013

Tales from Overguilds, Part 4

Late Winter, 1052

A vulture has been harassing my fisher dwarves and stealing their catches! On closer inspection, I find that my haulers have been leaving barrels full of fish down by the brook...

Although, that does give me the idea of attempting to trap a vulture with fish as bait. I have ordered the carpenter to construct some animal traps.

I have also building a workshop and trade level on an upper level of my fortress. A network of mine carts will connect my finished goods stockpile to the trade depot in the near future and eventually to the entire fortress. 
And I was right, we do have thieves- and it's kobolds, Jugubusrursnin the kobold thief if anyone is wondering. I have ordered my military to kill Miss Jugubusrursnin... But she got away. Perhaps it's time to train some War animals an chain them up by the doors. All I've got other than livestock is a giant toad and a draltha, but you gotta start somewhere. 
Actually, after looking up draltha on the wiki, it looks like I won't be training war animals at all, but instead greatly expanding my pastures.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment