-->

Monday, October 28, 2013

Tales from Overguilds, part 10

Mid Autumn 1053

Lost pants mid-battle! How?
My valiant militia commander and her subordinates are fighting the troll who had taken up residence in my pastures. But with three of them being unarmed, they are taking their sweet time at it. Perhaps that's for the best, my raw recruits need the practice, the fact that one of them managed to loose their trousers mid battle is evidence of that.

Strangely, I seem to have acquired 2 axedwarves during this battle. On inspection, I discover that my dwarves are armed with wooden training axes. No wonder that troll is taking so long to die.

And having repaired my legendary miner's compound fracture, my chief medical dwarf is now a dabbling surgeon! When my miner recovers, we'll celebrate by building a hospital!

Hear that, our works are LEGEND!
Even better, the dwarven caravan has arrived. For some reason, their wagons refuse to travel over the cage traps at the fortress' entrance, but I still have a line of mules laden with goods heading into my fortress. Hopefully, one of them will bring me the metals that I have been longing for. 

Oh, and as the caravan begins unloading their goods and my broker makes his way towards the depot, my militia has finally hacked the troll to death.

In exchange for a handful of highly decorated trinkets, I manage to acquire all the metal bars the caravan brought, miscellaneous weapons, a mountain of leather and cloth, various food items, and a broker with the appraise skill. Not a bad haul, if I might say so myself.  
  
 An here's what I've got as of late autumn:




No comments:

Post a Comment