-->

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Tales From Overguilds, Part 13

1st Granite, 1054

The Coming Of Werelizard Akul Icgasom
or
 Why you fear the night.


Well, I have an angry werelizard in my back yard. And he managed to bring a bunch of terrified troglodytes to the surface with him. Time to summon my military, and observe the fun. 

No. Wait. It seems the terrified troglodytes are fighting back.

I'll let them fight it out instead. Then my military will polish off the victor.

And Akul is all ready sporting wounds on his head, right lower arm, left lower arm, and left upper leg. Akul, you dissapoint me.

Or not. I also find an unconscious troglodyte who is unconscious and has been seriously mauled. About this point, I see a flashing pale blue U appear on screen followed by this announcement:



The human Akul Icgasom flees off the edge of the map. An angry troglodyte pursues him, but unlike Akul, it does not leave the map.

Assuming I don't have to put down any disturbances by angry troglodytes, it seems my dwarves can get back to whatever it is I was working on.

And after a brief computer problem forcing me to reboot everything, I do return to whatever it was I was working on.

Or at least I try to get back to whatever I was doing...

I read the announcement that one of my woodcutters has bled to death.

His body is laying in a pool of his own blood while an infant crawls nearby and a small group of dwarves hang out near a pond. It would be a great scene to be masterfully engraved on somebody's bedroom wall.

He's big and covered in dwarf blood.
Several of my dwarves have reported being scared by a Dwarf Eating Feral Draltha, so I have dispatched the military to kill it. I anticipate that should solve that problem.


Two of my military dwarves and a blue peacock chase down the big scary herbivore and kill it.

I hope my poor jeweler wasn't too badly injured...

My engravers continue their efforts to smooth and engrave high traffic corridors and living spaces. I currently have them working in a busy hallway connecting the farming and related workshops to my warehouse and trade level. I also have a series of alcoves carved along the sides, it is my plan to position statues along the corridor
once the engravings are completed.

And NOW there's a troglodyte chasing around a mule. Time to call up the militia (and peacock?) again. Likot Ebalkeskal showed up quickly and killed it with her *bronze battle axe*. They're much more effective not that they have real weapons.


This troglodyte makes her fourth kill (although I was hoping that the peacock would get credit for killing the draltha), if I manage to get her some armor now and more training, my milita just might be lethal yet.

I had plans for building a danger room for my military to train in, but this cycle of having to kill a dangerous animal every time I try to do something productive seems to be working too.

And before I finish my session, I am greeted with the scariest message I have seen today:

 More Tales from Overguilds.

No comments:

Post a Comment