-->

Monday, April 22, 2013

The Sick Laptop- Update.

I've successfully installed Fedora on the laptop, though honestly the installer on the live USB I made did all the hard work.

I've never used a Linux system before, so I am still getting used to it, but so far I love it! First of all it runs really, really fast, compared to a Windows system. Second, coming from Windows, some of the features are mind-blowingly awesome. One such feature is yum, which allows you to download and install programs directly from the package repository.

If you want to try out Linux, but haven't done so yet, I urge you to just try it. It's just for nerds, so far I've found it to be very user friendly. Also you can install it along side your current operating system if you don't want to wipe your hard drive, so you have nothing to loose by trying it out.

Linux.org
Fedora Project


 

No comments:

Post a Comment