-->

Thursday, June 27, 2013

What Does Your Blog Say About Your Personality?

So I found Typealyzer, site that analyzes a web page and attempts to predict their Myers-Briggs Type Indicator from the writing. It sounds fascinating to me so I thought I'd try it out on my blog.

It was classified ESFP (Performer).

I especially like the picture the site uses with the description:



While I do recognize some of those traits in myself, however the algorithm works it is going to be heavily influenced by content of the blog. In other words, I've written thus far mostly about cult movies and craft projects and in the process written the phrase "totally awesome" more often than any human being over 14 should be allowed to.  If I wrote a bunch of articles about differential calculus or linguistics, I doubt the Typealyzer would assign the same type.

I would add that I did have a Myers-Briggs test administered to me about ten years ago. It came back ISFP, but I've lived a lot (and switched genders) since then, so I suppose it's plausible I'd score differently if I took a test again.

No comments:

Post a Comment