-->

Monday, June 17, 2013

The Incredible Never Ending Hand Stiched Rag Rug.

No, I haven't forgotten abandoned crafting in favor of inflicting my reviews of obscure movies on the world. In fact, I am up to my eyeballs in my current project:

Okay, it's not quite up to my eyeballs exactly, but still, I got of work ahead of me. I am making a rag rug from a stack of old clothes (and one full sized bed sheet) that were in too bad a shape to toss in the big yellow clothes donation box around the corner from my house.

So I cut my big pile of old clothes (and one full sized bed sheet) one inch wide strips and braided them into one long multicoloured rope. Then I took started to coil it into a strip and stitch it into a rug. Did I mention that I am hand stitching all this? Well, I am because I don't have a sewing machine.





That's what I've got so far, and it took most of a roll of thread to get that done. I'll do an update on this project when I this finished (it may take me a little while).   



No comments:

Post a Comment